We currently have various volunteer opportunities here at the Lion Habitat Ranch. These opportunities include helping in our ticket booth and gift shop, educating our guests about our animal family, helping create key chains and frames with art from Ozzie the giraffe, cleaning, and helping create enrichment.
Please note, there will be no direct contact with any of the animals as a beginning volunteer. We will move existing volunteers into more advanced roles depending on experience shown while at ranch as well as the volunteer’s ability to follow instructions.
- Volunteers must submit a volunteer application via the form below.
- Volunteers must be 18 or older.
- Volunteers must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 at this time for the health and safety of our lions.
Types of Volunteer Positions
- Educational Docents
- Field Trip Guides
- Ozzie Art Key Chain and Frame Creation
- Ticket booth and Gift Shop Assistants
- Enrichment Creation
Hours to Volunteer
- Position hours while we’re open to the public: Thursday through Monday 10am-2pm in the summer, 11am-3pm in the winter
- Position hours while we’re closed to the public: Thursday through Monday 6am-10am (summer), 7am-11am (winter), and Tuesday-Wednesday 7am-2pm (year-round)
- We will go over additional information regarding hours and shift sign up during orientation.
If you are interested in becoming one of our valued volunteers, please fill out the form below with required information and state your experience as well as why you would like to volunteer. Once we receive and review your volunteer application, we will send you information regarding orientation dates.
Group Volunteers and Team Building Volunteers
We do also have group volunteer/team building volunteer opportunities as well. Please fill out the form below for additional information regarding group volunteer and team building volunteer opportunities.
Volunteer at the Lion Habitat Ranch